Sunday, February 28, 2010

our little rock star!!!!

for those of you who don't know the whole line of events that took place I will share plus I need them for documentation too!
Last weekend Friday the weekend of the 20th Brian and I took the kids to see the Broadway Mary Poppins her in mesa. I had a Dr. appt that Friday Morning so I took the girls with me and Brian brought Doyle up with him after work fri. night in time to go to the play!! I was told at the Dr. appt that my blood pressure was high but not to be to worried and that I had Toxemia. So I needed to start coming to my appts every week instead of every 2 weeks. I was really swollen after the play and didn't feel well at all! Saturday we woke up at took the kids to Cabellas and to see a movie and I was in a lot of pain in my upper abdomen plus was really really swollen and so uncomfortable!! We stayed sat night and drove home on Sunday and while I was driving back to safford I had to spells where the road split and everything went blurry and it scared me so when I got home and got the kids ready for bed I told Brian that I was going over to my mom and dads to take my blood pressure. Well when I took it, it was 164/108!!! Yeah not good at all so I called my PA friend and she told me to go to the ER and tell them I needed to go back to labor and delivery to get checked out! Well they ended up admitting me and Dr. Jones came in the next morning and said that my blood pressure was still high, my platelets were low and I had preeclampcia!!! My Dr here in Mesa wanted me in his hospital as soon as possible cause if he had to take the baby he didn't want to wait ! SO all the helicopters were grounded because of the storm and the ambulances were backed up on ground transport for at least 6 to 8 hours which they were not wanting to use anyway so they sent me by ambulance to the airport in safford and awaiting was a Learjet they had flown in from Sky Harbor in Phoenix! They put me in the plane and 27 minutes later we landed in Phoenix!! fastest flight of my life!!!
They admitted me here to Banner Gateway and Kept me on Mag and did blood draws every 4 hrs for 3 days then continued with the mag until 4 Fri morning. I was told I was going to my sisters here in mesa on Monday the 1st of march and they would induce me at 36 or 37 weeks. Well Brynlee had other plans................

1 comment:

Jenny Sue said...

Out of all of this...that is awesome you got to fly in a jet! Holy Moly!