Sunday, February 28, 2010

continued......

So Thursday night I had contractions for a few hrs and thought I was in labor but they slowed down then stopped and My nurse Brian got me settled down and gave me a good sleeping pill and put me to bed!!! Every thing stopped.
Well Friday night around 9 pm I was having to pee every 10 min and would have contractions everytime iwas done. Well they started to really hurt and I called my nurse and she came in and I was hunched over counter breathing really hard through my contractions. She put me to bed and checked me and said that i was dialated to a three but not to call Brian until she checked me in an hour to see if I was progressing.!!! We I was at a four and hour later and my contractions were 2 -4 minutes apart and getting really really strong! They called Dr. Huish and told him the news and I was feeling that something wasn't right. Well they my labs back and the preeclampcia was back with a vengance my liver enzymes were high platletts low again and I was having sever upper abdomen pain meaning my liver was not doing good. I c alled Brian and Him and my mom were on their way down, in the mean time I got my epidural cause the contractions were so hard. Brian and my mom showed up around 1:30am and shawna and Chris and Melissa were there as was Stacie. Dr. huish walked in around 2:30 and said Tif we are going to make you feel better, your body is telling us it's done and we need to get that baby here. He said I am going to break your water and get things moving along better. Well my contractions slowed down after that so they put me on pitocin and at 3:30 my nurse came in and checked me and said I was at a 6 so she would come check on me in an hour. My mom was standing there next to me and I looked up at her after 6 contractions and told her I felt ALOT of pressure and I thought she was coming out! so we called the nurse in and then I was sure she was right there. the nurse came in and lifted my gown and said Tif squeeze your legs together she is right there. I thought what the heck I'm not even a 10 yet how can that happen. well dr huish came in and was putting on his booties and they turned me over and got one let in the sterrup and I was trying with all my might not to even breath cause I new she was right there. Well as my leg went up in the stirrips I felt like my water broke but it was her landing on the bed. Yeah,. Brian said it looked like a slip and slide type delivery. She looked so good and much better than I thought she would. Brian got to cut the cord and she was taken over to the incubator so they could asses her. they wrapped her up and I got to give her a kiss and then they took Brian and Brynlee and went to the Special Care Nursery. Brian said they stuck a tube down her throat and intibated her with a CPAP and then started IV's and all kinds of thing s going on in just her first hour of life. She has been through a lot but is doing really good right now!!!!! Here are some pics of those first few hours and day of her life.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wow.
I guess I should stop complaining about still being pregnant. Although I think I'd like a slip 'n slide delivery. :)
You're a rock star. Good job!

Stephanie said...

WOW, I FEEL LIKE I JUST SAW YOU THE OTHER DAY AND YET ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED! A VERY ROUGH EXPERIENCE BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU RECEIVED EXCELLENT CARE AND THAT EVERYTHING TURNED OUT OK! YOUR DAUGHTER IS BEAUTIFUL AND I'M SO GLAD SHE IS NOW HOME WITH YOU! CONGRATS!